Founded in 1981, the Good Shepherd Players are an in-reach/outreach ministry of The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd Burke, VA. We produce a yearly Broadway-style musical, along with cabarets and other special performances. The Players seek to fulfill the church’s mission of building community and serving others while strengthening our faith. We recently celebrated our 35th anniversary, and we look forward to many more years of fellowship and fun!
With Christ at the center, the Good Shepherd Players gather in fellowship to:
- Provide opportunities for church and community members to enjoy fellowship and share gifts of creativity and technical know-how in a faith-centered, family-oriented environment
- Provide reasonably-priced quality productions to entertain and enrich the lives of our local community
- Reach out in love to others by presenting performances for special needs children, the elderly, and by donations to Good Shepherd and its outreach ministries, including organizations like FACETS and House of Hope orphanage.
- Bridge generation gaps in our church and community through a truly multi-generational ministry from school age to senior citizens
- Pray for our own needs and the needs of others.
Who Can Join?
As part of the Players outreach, and to facilitate the Players’ mission of Christian fellowship, members of the local community are welcome to participate in the Players productions along with members of Good Shepherd. Participants should be able to dedicate enough time to participate and make a difference in the organization.
How Can You Join?
You can speak to any of our members, attend our shows and other events, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016-17 Board of Directors
Chairperson — Jenny Seguinot (’19)
Vice-Chairperson — Shannon Allen / Brian Appich (’20)
Technical Manager — Howard Lincoln (’20)
Budget Manager — Charlotte Vincent (’20)
Costume Manager– Debbie Rainford (’18)
House Manager — Meredith Eckman (’19)
Publicity Manager — Tom Keithly (’19)